COLLEGE NAME: Abhayapuri College, Abhayapuri, Dist. Bongaigaon (Assam)-783 384
ABOUT THE COLLEGE:
Abhayapuri College, situated at Abhayapuri town, is one of the oldest premier institutions of higher education in lower Assam. The College was established on 13 August 1955. Currently the college has two streams, Science and Arts, and is affiliated to the Gauhati University.
Total Fees/ year
HS (10+2) LEVEL :
Candidates are selected strictly on merit basis for admission into H.S. classes of Arts and Science streams.
UG LEVEL :
Candidates, willing to study a Honours Course (HC) in any subject mentioned in combination of subjects, will have to opt clearly the subject in the application form. However, they may go for option of one more subject of second preference if there is doubt for getting selection in the first preference in Honours.
The selection list of the candidates offering Honours will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained in the HS Examination plus the marks of the subject opted for Honours. A candidate, not selected for the subject of first preference, may be selected for the second one. However, the candidate, willing to study a subject as Honours, must have to obtain at least 50% marks in HS Examination and at least 45% marks should be obtained in the subject opted for Honours. If a candidate is selected for Honours in two subjects of his/her preference, he/she will get admitted according to his/her first preference of choice.
The same process will be followed for selecting candidates for offering Honours in Science subjects as well
However, it is to be noted that-
» A candidate must pass all the subject of his/her combination.
» For Honours Courses, a skill test will be held within one month from the commencement of the classes in order to assess the ability and skill of the students in the concerned subject.
» Candidate willing to study Chemistry as Honours subject must have Physics/Mathematics as his/her elective subjects.
» Candidates willing to study Botany as Honours course must have either Zoology or Chemistry as his/her elective subject.
» Candidates willing to study Physics as Honours course must have Mathematics, Chemistry or Computer Science as his/her elective subject
» Candidates willing to study Zoology as Honours course must have Botany or Chemistry as his/her elective subject.
» Candidates willing to study Mathematics as Honours course must have Physics, Chemistry or Computer Science as his/her elective subject.
» Admission process will be completed within the stipulated dates as instructed by Guahati University & Assam higher Education council, Guwahati.
» Admission application form can be accessed only online in the website www.abhayapuricollege.in from the date fixed as given in prospectus as IMPORTANT events/dates for admission. Filled up form should be submitted online on or before the last date of form submission.
» Incomplete or partially filled up admission form will be rejected without intimation.
» All admission shall be strictly on merit basis. A selection list will be published online and also be displayed in the College notice board in time.
» A candidate must clearly indicate his/her subject combination in Honours and Regular course in which she/he must have qualifying marks for his HS final examination or equivalent exam.
» Students not selected for an Honours Course may undertake Regular Course in the Evening Shift.
» For reserve seats in any category, a candidate must have to upload his/her relevant certificate /documents.
» Only the selected candidate will be eligible for admission into different courses.
» Reservation of seats of candidates belonging to SC,ST(P), ST(H), OBC, MOBC, Differently Abled and Co-curricular Activities will be considered only when his/her relevant documents are uploaded at the time of submission of online filled up form. For co-curricular activities, applicants have to upload National/State level certificates. For Differently Abled candidates, they have to upload medical certificates from competent authorities.
» For selection of candidates of Honours Course the marks of the concerned subject and the total marks secured in HS final/equivalent Examination will be considered. To get honours in a subject, the candidate must secure minimum 45 percent marks in the concerned subject.
There will be no provision of change of subject once opted at time of admission.
How to Download Prospectus
1) Go to Downloads -> Prospectus link on the Home Page of college website.
2) After clicking, a new separate page will appear. On that page, Click on Download Prospectus Button
3) Then a form will appear. On that form, the candidate will have to enter his/her Name, Mobile No and email ID.
4) After filling the form click on Download Button. Then the download page will appear and on that page click on Download Prospectus Button and Prospectus (PDF) will be downloaded.
How to fill up Admission form
1) Go to Online Form fillup 2020-21 link on the Home Page of college website.
2) After clicking, a new separate page will appear. On that page, candidate will have to enter the Mobile No (Self) and click on Submit Button.
3) After submitting, a menu option with Class list will appear.
4) On the page candidate will have to click on the respective class link for admission form Fill up.
5) Then the candidate will have to fill up the form with mandatory fields, upload passport size photo and mark sheet etc. and click on Submit Form Button.
6) For 2nd Year and 3rd Year Classes, candidate will have to enter his/her Last Class Roll No. and Fill up the form with mandatory fields; upload passport size photo and signature etc. and hit on Submit Form Botton.
7) After submitting the form, the filled up form with print option will appear. Candidate will take print out of the form and submit it to the college.
Process of Admission
1) Click on Admission link on the Home Page of college website.
2) After clicking, a new separate page will appear. On that page, candidate will have to enter Application Regn No./ Mobile No and click on Submit Button.
3) After submitting, the details of the candidate will appear.
4) Then Click on Admission Button. At this time the required information will be saved in the database.
5) Acknowledgement/ Receipt will appear for downloading/print
FACULTY : ARTS
FACULTY : SCIENCE
FACULTY : B.VOC
Information Technology (IT)
TOURISM AND TRAVEL MANAGEMENT (TTM)
FACULTY : COMMUNITY COLLEGE
ACCOUNTS AND FINCIAL SERVICES
Community College Scheme
FACULTY : PGDCA